State Educational Benefits
Dependents of an eligible veteran may be authorized for a waiver to cover 100% of tuition charges and tuition-related fees to the University of Nebraska campuses, Nebraska state colleges and Nebraska community colleges. Applications are submitted to the Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs by contacting the County Veterans' Service Office nearest the applicant's place of residence.
Nebraska residents who are enlisted members of a Nebraska-based unit of the Active Selected Reserve may be eligible for a 50% tuition credit to the University of Nebraska campuses, Nebraska state colleges and Nebraska community colleges. This program is allowed 200 new applicants each calendar year.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program
- National Call to Service Program
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
- National Guard Tuition Assistance
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Multi-State Collaborative on Military Credit
- Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Chpt 35)
- Scholarships & Grants
- Because there are numerous grants and scholarships available from different sources, your best chance of finding one that's right for you will be to use your favorite search engine (examples of search phrases would be "Grants for Veteran Dependents", "Nebraska Scholarships for Veteran Spouses", etc.).