Nebraska residents who are enlisted members of a Nebraska-based unit of the Active Selected Reserve may be eligible for a 50% tuition credit to the University of Nebraska campuses, Nebraska state colleges and Nebraska community colleges. This program is allowed 200 new applicants each calendar year.
The University of Nebraska, the Nebraska State College System, and the Nebraska Community College System participate in a tuition credit program that will provide a credit for 50% of the tuition charges for enlisted members of Nebraska-based units of the Active Reserve of the armed forces of the United States; as set forth in NE Revised State Statutes 80-901, 80-902 & 80-903.
This program is limited to 200 NEW applications per calendar year
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- A current Nebraska resident
- An Enlisted member of a Nebraska-based Active Selected Reserve Unit
- Have a minimum of 2 years remaining on your enlistment (ETS) at the beginning of each school term
- Have agreed to serve a minimum of 3 years in the reserves
- Should not have completed your 10th year of total service in the armed forces
- Pursuing a course of study leading to a degree or certificate (the credit will end upon completion of the degree or program of study)
In-State Residency Requirements
- University of Nebraska (Kearney, Lincoln, Omaha, UNMC, NCTA-Curtis)
- Chadron State College
- Peru State College
- Wayne State College
- Central Community College (Columbus, Grand Island, Hastings, Holdrege)
- Metropolitan Community College
- MidPlains Community College (McCook, North Platte)
- Northeast Community College
- Southeast Community College (Beatrice, Lincoln, Milford)
- Western Nebraska Community College (Alliance, Scottsbluff, Sidney)
How to Apply for Reservist Tuition Credit
If you have never applied for Reservist Tuition Credit before, are changing schools, or have missed a term other than the summer term - You will need to complete an application.
If you have been approved for Reservist Tuition Credit and are starting a new term at school - You will need to complete a Re-certification Form.