Click to resize the text + -

Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs

Nebraska Veterans Homes

Provided via the DHHS - Division of Veterans Homes website - please follow the link for more information

Nebraska has four veterans homes located in Bellevue, Norfolk, Grand Island, and Scottsbluff that are part of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. The objective of these homes is to provide domiciliary care and both intermediate and skilled nursing care. Veterans who served on active duty in the armed forces of the United States may be eligible for admission to one of the Nebraska veterans homes; eligibility may extend to the spouse, surviving spouse, and Gold Star parent. (NE State Statute 80-316)

Applications are made through the County Veterans Service Officer in the county in which the applicant resides, a recognized veterans organization as defined in subdivision (1) of section 80-401.01, or to a Nebraska veterans home. Admissions to the homes are determined on a case-by-case basis by the Veterans' Homes Board.