Nebraska has four veterans homes, located in Bellevue, Norfolk, Grand Island, and Scottsbluff. These homes provide domiciliary care as well as intermediate and skilled nursing care to our state's veterans.
Veterans who served on active duty in the armed forces of the United States may be eligible for admission to one of the Nebraska veterans homes; eligibility may extend to the spouse, surviving spouse, and Gold Star parent.
To apply for admitance into a state veterans' home, you may:
- Apply to the home directly
- Apply through the County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO) in the county where you currently reside. Find your CVSO here.
- Apply through a recognized veterans organization as defined in subdivision (1) of State Satute 80-401.01
- American Legion
- American Ex-Prisoners of War
- Disabled American Veterans
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States
- Vietnam Veterans of America
Admissions to the homes are determined on a case-by-case basis by the Veterans' Homes Board.