The aim of the Commission on Military and Veteran Affairs is to help the State of Nebraska preserve and protect military installations across the state, attract new missions to the state’s military installations, and serve Nebraska’s military and veteran families.
- Members of the Commission (Nebraska Revised State Statute 55-601).
- Powers and Duties (Nebraska Revised State Statute 55-602).
- Officers, Meetings, and Records (Nebraska Revised State Statute 55-603).
- Expenses (Nebraska Revised State Statute 55-604).
- Military Affairs Liaison (Nebraska Revised State Statute 55-605).
- Report (Nebraska Revised State Statute 55-606).
|John Hilgert, Chair
Director, Nebraska Department of Veterans’ Affairs
|Dave Bloomfield, Vice-Chair
3rd Congressional District – Military Experience per §55-601 (1)(d) 1 Oct 2020
|Rita Sanders, Secretary
1st Congressional District – Background in Business per §55-601 (1)(d) 1 Oct 2018
Director, Nebraska Department of Economic Development
|Major General Daryl Bohac
The Adjutant General of the Nebraska National Guard
2nd Congressional District – 1 Oct 2019
Chair, State Committee Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
|Colonel J. David Norton
55th Wing Designee and 557th Weather Wing Designee
|Major General Rick Evans
United States Strategic Command Designee
Military Affairs Liaison