Veterans Crisis Line: dial 988 then press 1
Official Nebraska Veterans' Affairs Seal

Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs

Vehicles & Transportation

Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles

Nebraska CDL Waiver — Service members who are currently licensed and who are or were within the past 12 months in a military position requiring the operation of a military motor vehicle equivalent to a commercial motor vehicle may use the CDL skills test waiver form

Nebraska Military Honor Plates — The Nebraska DMV offers Disabled American Veteran, Ex-Prisoner of War, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Purple Heart, Military Honor, Campaign Medal, and Gold Star Family plates. Once you’ve registered on our Military and Veterans' Registry, you are able to order these specialty plates in lieu of regular plates.

Veteran's Designation on Nebraska License or ID — The Department of Motor Vehicles offers qualifying veterans the opportunity to register to have a Veteran's designation displayed on their Nebraska license or ID card. To be eligible for the Veteran's designation, veterans must first register with the Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs' Military and Veterans' Registry.

Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs

Vets Get Pets Plates — The Vets Get Pets license plate is available for purchase by any Nebraska driver, with proceeds going to fund our pet adoption program to help pay veterans' pet adoption fees.