The Nebraska Department of Veterans’ Affairs is seeking Work Study students to assist our office in serving Nebraska veterans. Our goal is to work with students to determine what areas fit their future career path to give them real-world experience.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Service
- Answering NDVA’s main phone line and assisting walk‐ins
- Assisting with our Welcome Home Program
- Researching and logging DD‐214 data
- Other duties to support veterans benefits and NDVA such as filing, light accounting, and assisting benefit program administrators as needed
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least a three-quarter time student attending a VA-approved school (call 1-888-442-4551 if you are unsure if your school is VA-approved).
- Be receiving benefits under one of the Veterans education programs, e.g. Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Program, Survivors and Dependence Educational Assistance Program, etc.
Pay is $9.00 an hour.
Flexible work schedule between 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
To apply, contact Patrick Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-471-2417.
For other employment opportunities, including full-time and part-time work, internships, aprecnticeships, and other jobs, click here.