Our mission is to honor Nebraska veterans and their families by providing excellent service, assistance, and care through:
- Veterans Services to help veterans identify and access federal and state benefits including disability compensation, pension and healthcare available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA), as well as the Nebraska Veterans Aid fund, tuition waivers and other state services;
- Nebraska State Veterans’ Homes to ensure eligible veterans and family receive the highest quality assisted living and skilled nursing care at one of four nursing homes across Nebraska; and
- Nebraska Veterans Cemetery at Alliance to ensure eligible veterans and family receive an honorable final resting place maintained to the highest national standards.
- Excellence – Strive to provide the highest quality service in everything we do.
- Integrity – Act with high moral principle and adhere to the highest professional standards.
- Advocacy – Be veteran-centric by advancing the best interests of veterans and their families.
- Accountability – Be proactive and take responsibility for the continual improvement of our agency’s services.
- Collaboration – Promote idea sharing, communication and teamwork with all resources (including other teammates, agencies, veterans’ organizations, county service officers) to ensure veterans receive accurate information and excellent service.
- Dignity and Respect – Treat every single person who comes into contact with our organization with honor, understanding and professionalism.