Click to resize the text + -

Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs

Discharge Records (DD-214)

The Department has approximately 700,000 discharges of Nebraska veterans on microfilm. If a veteran entered from and returned to Nebraska upon separation from military service, a copy of the discharge may be on file in the Department. Documents previously filed with the Selective Service System and National Guard were referred to the Department of Veterans' Affairs. Since October 1, 1979, if requested by the service-member, Military Separation Centers have sent a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty (DD form 214) to the Department.

To see if your discharge is on file with NDVA, please submit a search request. You can also contact your County Veterans Service Office if you have previously filed a copy of your discharge with the county.

Copies of discharges may also be requested from the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis by completing a Standard Form-180 or submitting an online request by visiting